Monday, February 2, 2009

Eeeeeek! There's a Mouse in the House!

Well, it finally happened. Those telltale signs of the sneaky little varmint finally appeared in my house. I have been chasing and trapping and repelling mice in my garage since it first started to get cold. I trapped two in a glue trap, and tried to seal up all the gaps I could see in the garage. I also put out peppermint pouches since peppermint is supposed to be repulsive to mice. Things in the garage seemed to be better. No more little black mouse pellets. No more chewed cardboard. No more mice. Well, duh! The brothers of the two I trapped decided to move into the house where food is plentiful and it is much warmer. Thanks to my Jack Russell Terrier, I was able to find out where the mouse (mice?) came in. The only problem is, how do I get the stinker out? Jack Russell Terriers are really good at chasing down and capturing little critters; that is what they are bred for, but chasing down and capturing a mouse in a house with slippery wooden floors is a different game altogether. Poor little pup is going to pace herself into the ground until the pest is eradicated. For now, I have filled in the gap behind the refrigerator and set out a couple of glue traps at the entrance/exit of the mouse's route. Hopefully, with a little luck, quick Jack Russell feet, and some super sticky glue, the creature will be outta here before everyone returns home this evening!

No comments: