Saturday, March 28, 2009

We're Baaaack!

It has been a few weeks since I have posted. We have completed our move back home to Indiana. All 30,000 pounds of our possessions (aka crap) have made the 600 mile trek and we are all in one place. The kids have one week of their new school(s) under their belts and now they are having their Spring Break. Speaking of Spring Break, when did the trend of going to Florida or Mexico or the Caribbean over Spring Break start? I know college kids have historically gone to Florida, but just regular people? When I was a kid I was lucky to just go visit my grandparents who lived three hours south of us during the break. As a family, we never took trips during Spring Break, and we really could have because my parents were teachers and actually had the week off. One time when I was junior in high school, we went to Florida, but that is the only time we ever did any far away trip in the Spring. The new neighborhood that we have just moved to appears to be a "Richy, richy, place" to me. I think one of our neighbors went to Hawaii, and a bunch seem to have gone away too. We just don't have that kind of money, or time, for that matter. How do people do it? I totally understand why people around here want to go to warmer climes, I would sure do it if I had the energy and the funds. Anyway, we are using our Spring Break to get bedrooms situated, curtains hung, and just catch up on some sleep that was lost during all the moving time. We are sure glad to be back!

No comments: