Saturday, February 5, 2011

Strange, Strange Things Are Happening

I haven't posted in awhile because I am working on a review of two companies that sell prescription eyeglasses--Zenni Optical and Firmoo. It is taking awhile to gather my information and do my writing, so in the meantime I just wanted to post some of the strange things that are taking place in my world these days. First of all, I am having a sock crisis in my home. None of us has the proper matching socks. The other day I saw my youngest daughter walking around in her sock feet and upon looking closer, I discovered that not only was she wearing mismatched socks, one of them was a knee sock and the other was an anklet. Whaaat? I asked her why and she said she couldn't find a mate to either one so just wore them together. Then when I looked at my other girls' feet, the all also were wearing mismatched socks. I have to admit that I am the one who does most of the laundry around here and there are almost always unmatched socks (my husband's and mine included) at the bottom of the clothes basket. Why is this happening? I can't figure it out. Is the dryer doing something sinister with them? Are the dogs hiding them? I will have to start investigating this soon before all our socks disappear!

The other weird thing going on is the disappearance of the o.b. brand of tampons. Not actually at my house because I haven't had much trouble finding them in our area stores, but apparently in other parts of the country, the applicator-less tampon (which I prefer) has gone missing. There is some sort of conspiracy theory and swirling accusations about the reason this little box of unmentionables has disappeared from  store shelves. There is even talk of black market sales of these things. I checked on ebay yesterday and saw that a bundle of three boxes were at a bid of $94.00. I'm thinking maybe I should buy what I can find here and sell them at a hefty profit! Anyway, I am going to do some more investigating on this phenomenon as well. It will be my Sock and Tampon Project. Until then. . . .

No comments: