Friday, March 18, 2011

Google Adsense Works, Haters be Damned!

For some reason, my silly little blog has taken some pretty cheap shots from readers (haters?) who seem to think that just by reading one of my posts they know who I am and feel the need to criticize me. I don't understand that at all, and even though it shouldn't, it does actually hurt when people make comments that are unfairly critical. I post a lot of entries that are just what is bugging me or causing some sort of distress in my life. I post it because, quite frankly, it feels good to get it out. Maybe someone will read it and feel a little less alone, or feel like their troubles are not as bad as they thought, or it  may make them mad. I don't know. I also post entries about products and services I have tried because sometimes people want to know about that kind of thing. It shouldn't be the source of such criticism. One of the last entries I wrote was about an optical firm I purchased some prescription eyeglasses from. One (possibly the only) reader felt the need to criticize my writing and continued writing nasty comments. I deleted one, and he criticized me for that. That sort of stuff seems so unnecessary to me, and why it hurts my feelings, I don't know. What I do know is that this blog makes money for me. No matter how many negative comments it gets, I am making money, and that is what makes doing this worth it. I have created a nice, yet small, stream of income from my writing even if in someone elses opinion, it is not good, or it is boring, or it appears to be something it's not. As it turns out, the haters seem to be the ones who are helping me make a little money, and that makes me the winner. I am proof that writing a blog and connecting it with Google Adsense works, plain and simple. Don't hate me because I am successful.

No comments: