Friday, November 6, 2009

Credit Card Advise

I am not one who would normally advocate for a credit card, but after my experience with having fraudulent charges on mine, I have to say that my Target Visa card is invaluable. My husband and I are trying to cut down on our use of credit cards. I now only use two. One of the cards is my Target Visa RedCard. I have had it for many years, and while I don't really like using it, sometimes it is a necessary evil. We recently got a call from the Target Visa folks about a suspicious charge made on our card. Upon further investigation, we found several unauthorized charges on our card that have been happening for a year now. While paying bills online saves paper and postage, it also makes for lazy bill paying. We foolishly paid the bill month after month, not checking the charges that were put on it. This week, with the help of Dixie in the Target Visa fraud department, I have put a stop to the charges and she even helped me get a refund from the company who charged my card.
Here is my advise to you, my fellow blog readers: 1.) If you have to have a credit card, make sure you get a Target Visa. They are looking out for you and will let you know if there is anything weird going on with your account, and they are on your side when attempting to recover money from unauthorized charges 2.) If you pay your bills online, please remember to check the charges so that you will notice strange activity and nip it in the bud before a whole year of unauthorized charges piles up.

There you go. That is my friendly, housewife advise for today!

No comments: