Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Luck, Good Fortune, Blessings?

I have been hearing about the woman who has won the Texas lottery four times. It seems so unlikely that one person could have so much good fortune! There is also Helene Handsell, who has also won just about every lottery and sweepstakes she has ever entered. She is known as "the winning Sage" and has written a book about how to be a winner. I am not sure I believe in luck, but these two women would appear to be very lucky people. It is a mystery to me how some people just seem to have good things happen to them, but one thing is not a mystery, and that is that these women were willing to take a chance to  win. They didn't just sit around wishing for good things, they went out and bought lottery tickets, and sent in sweepstakes entries--most likely just for the fun of taking a chance. I know it seems foolish, at times, to take remote chances, but if you are not going to put your life or your family's well-being at risk, why not?  It certainly is better than sitting around being miserable and wondering why "Lady Luck" or God or whomever you believe in isn't paying attention to you. I could absolutely use a little (a lot!!!) extra cash, and am willing to take some chances on winning. Luck, fortune, blessings. . . I am read to let any or all of them into my life!!!!

1 comment:

Ella Fanteer said...

Jesus is the only luck I need.