Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fading Summer

This week all the kids are back in school. The school where I work will start up again on Monday, and it just seems like the summer went so fast! Granted, my kids get out of school before Memorial day, so their "summer" break technically started in late Spring, and school starts in late Summer; no matter, it still seems like things pass by faster and faster. I am not sure if I like that or not. In one way, it is good because when you are a kid it seems like everything takes so long! It felt like I was always waiting for some event, or holiday, or season. Now, in almost the blink of an eye, another month has passed. Now the cicadas are shrilling, the days seem dry, the sparkly, cool, blue water of the neighborhood pool has lost its thrill. Every once in awhile, my dog seems to catch a whiff of Fall caught in a hot breeze. It is all so fleeting. I am finally learning to appreciate each hour, because just like that, change is upon me, and on and on it goes. . .
 

No comments: