Friday, July 11, 2008

Update on the New Dodge Journey

Well, the Journey did a fine job getting me and my girls to Indiana. It only took us 11 hours! Anyway, for those of you who might be curious about how the "let's refuel america" deal that Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep has been offering works, I will tell you. Simply put, it has worked just fine for me. I was only one of two people from the dealership I'm leasing from to take the offer, and so far it has been great. The literature they give you when you sign up for it says that it takes 4-6 weeks for you to get your activiated $2.99 per gallon of gasoline card, but for me, it took about a week. I used the card for the first time when we were taking off on our eleven hour roadtrip. The card couldn't be easier to use. I just swipe the card, type in my PIN number and then off I go--Fill 'er up! We get charged only $2.99 per gallon (up to 600 gallons per year) no matter what the price is at the pump. Even if we happen to get rid of the car before the three year deal is up, we keep the card and use it. It is quite simple and will probably be a savings of at least $1200 when it is all said and done, and that means that foregoing the $1000 rebate gives us a bigger savings. If you would like to learn more about the Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge "let's refuel America" campaign, you can go to www.letsrefuelamerica.com Oh, and in case you are wondering, the Journey got an average of 20.8 mpg on our trip, and that was with a rooftop cargo carrier on top, so it did quite a bit better on gas than my old Chevy Suburban would have done.

No comments: