Thursday, January 8, 2009

OMG! Whatever, Martha Is Good for the Soul!

Earlier this week, on Monday, I think, I wrote a post about one of my new favorite cable television shows, "Whatever, Martha" which is on the Fine Living channel. Last night I watched another episode, and it was hilarious. Alexis Stewart and Jennifer Koppelman Hutt are so funny! I have never been all that interested in Martha Stewart. She is just a little bit too much for me. I am like the opposite of Martha. I don't really plan anything, I fly by the seat of my pants, as they say, and I do a lot of improvising that would surely drive old Martha bonkers. I did feel like Martha was treated rather harshly when she was involved with the insider trading mess or whatever. Maybe she did something dishonest, but really. . . sending Martha Stewart to jail? I think people were a little too happy about sending her away like they did. At any rate, she seems to be back to her old stuffy and stodgy self that I don't really care for, but find a little fascinating. "Whatever, Martha" is a perfect show for people who feel the same way I do about her. Her daughter Alexis and friend Jennifer have just the right amount of sarcasm and ability to poke fun at all of Martha's antics that you just have to laugh. Poking fun at Martha's craft projects, her haughty attitude and the uppity tone to her voice is refreshing. Alexis and Jennifer make fun of Martha, but they have enough respect for her that they aren't cruel or nasty about it. It is just a fun, don't-have-to-think-about-it, funny show. If you can find it on your cable channel, please try to watch it and let me know what you think. I know it is on Wednesdays, but reruns are on on other days as well. Trust me, "it's a good thing."

No comments: