Monday, January 5, 2009

Two New Favorite Shows

Just a quick post this morning. I have two new favorite shows that you might like to watch as well. The first one is "Ruby" on Style Network and "Whatever, Martha"--very funny! on Fine Living channel. They are good ones for different reasons. "Ruby" is great because she is inspiring and has a great set of friends who support her and are inspiring themselves. I like this show because I had a good friend who was morbidly obese, and lost her life four years ago. I am rooting for Ruby to beat the same "beast" my friend was unable to. I like "Whatever, Martha" because Alexis Stewart (Martha Stewart's daughter) is able to say to Martha the exact things we normal people are saying as we watch Martha do her thing. Alexis also has a lot of demons that she is trying to work through--no doubt somewhat a result of her "uber mom". Alexis also has a little bit of respect for her mother, which is good too. Alexis' friend Jennifer is a hoot as well. Fun stuff to watch while I am knitting.

No comments: