Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Can't Believe I Agree With Rush Limbaugh!

I don't usually agree with the conservative radio talk show hosts that have been so vocal about President Obama lately, but strangely enough I agree with Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannnity on a couple of issues. The first thing is the elementary schools that are composing poetry and musical numbers in praise of President Obama. The schools have been performing these numbers at PTO meetings and other school gatherings and I have to admit that if I attended a meeting that had such a performance I would feel uncomfortable. It seems very strange that these kinds of things are being done for a man who hasn't really don't anything yet. Nothing has changed and nothing is really all that much better since he has taken office. I think there is more anxiety and more confusion and more distrust now, but no real constructive, useful, thoughtful, positive change has come about since January. I personally, don't think all the change that President Obama touted during his campaign can be done very quickly, nor should all of it be done. It strikes me as almost obscene that all this praise is being heaped on him when he hasn't done anything of great importance yet. Don't get me wrong, I voted for Obama and had great hope that he was someone who was going to be good for the country, but I don't believe he should be idolized and treated almost like a god, when nothing good has happened yet. I believe songs and poems and plays and skits praising someone are appropriate after the person has achieved something. Obama has yet to do anything.
The other thing I agree with the "three wind bags" about is the amount of time our president is spending on television. Talk show after talk show. Nothing new is ever said. I think our president needs to stop traveling, stop appearing on television and spend some time working on the very real problems our country is having right now. I think he has forgotten that he is the leader of our country and not a movie star! Get to work, Mr. President! I really don't like agreeing with the three most disagreeable men on the airwaves today.

No comments: