Friday, January 29, 2010

The New iPad, Ick!

This week, the big "techie" news was that Apple was introducing their "iPad." When I heard that, I had to think about it for a minute. I am not into technological things. I like my cell phone and think texting is really handy, so I like my QUERTY keyboard. I also think the internet is cool, but I don't have any idea how any piece of technology works. I don't even care. So, when I say I heard about the iPad coming out, the thing that caught my ear was the name. The iPad. . . . hmmmm. . . . are you kidding me? What a terrible, unimaginative name. It sounds like a feminine hygiene product. Yuck! Just try it out. Picture a real nerdy guy talking to another nerdy guy, "Oh hi, Poindexter, I am so excited! I'm going to the store to get an iPad!!!" Ewwww. I just don't like the sound of that. Couldn't those brainiacs at Apple come up with something better; more clever? The thing looks like a giant iPod Touch, so I don't think it is really all that impressive. It looks clunky, but of course, what do I care, I will never have one because I have no use for one. I just think that every time I hear someone mention it, I will get a chuckle, and think of some silly jokes about feminine hygiene products. Here are a few that I have already heard: Do you think my boyfriend will be embarrassed to go to the store to buy me my iPad? Can I wear white while I'm using my iPad? Does my iPad made me look bulky? Silly, isn't it? Maybe they should have some contest to rename the thing, or at least start calling it the iTablet, or iTab for short. I'm just saying. . . .

1 comment:

Kate the Book Buff said...

I totally thought of a feminine hygene product too! The i-pad (giggle) is basically an e-reader, but the problem is, is that staring at a computer screen as long as you stare at a book is going to strain your eyes. If an e-book interests you, you want to check out something like an amazon kindle (which i have and love) they make it so that the screen looks like ink on paper, no strain to your eyes.

http://www.thebookbuff.blogspot.com