Thursday, February 4, 2010

After All These Years, Rejection Still Stings

I have been on a little quest the past several months to find a job that can provide me with a little pocket money. My kids are always asking for money for school stuff, or gas money or something, and lately, I have not been able to always supply them with much. I guess now is not really a good time to be out there looking for a job, but I really feel this pull to get back out there; at least part-time. In the Fall I applied for a job at one of the local high schools in the Special Education Department. I went through all the interview stuff and of course, was promptly rejected. Then, I applied for several other jobs at schools, and never heard anything from them. Recently, I tried applying for a job that I found through snagajob.com. I never thought I would get a response, but I did and went through the interview process, and even though the job doesn't pay much, I thought it would be something that could work with my busy schedule with my kids activities. Well, wouldn't you know it, I get the lovely rejection letter in the mail today. Ouch! It still stings when you are told that someone doesn't think you are worthy. In any kind of situation, be it a personal relationship or a working relationship, it hurts when you realize you have come up short in some way. I know I am a good worker. I am reliable, trustworthy, funny and dedicated, but the people I have interviewed with apparently think I am lacking in some way. It sucks, really, to have always been good at what I did/do, and then be reduced to being just another unemployed person who doesn't fit the bill. That seventeen year gap in my resume is killing me. All I want is a little money for gasoline and the little extras my girls might ask for. I still feel the sting. . . . . . .

No comments: