Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Michelle Obama; I Think I Like Her

I generally only watch a little bit of the Presidential Conventions. I find them a bit boring, but last night I tuned in in time to see Michelle Obama's speech. I thought the speech was very supportive of her family, her country, and her political party and her husband--of course it would be. What was most attractive to me about her, is that although I am not a lawyer or anything of such importance (just a stay at home mom of four girls--right now) she seemed like someone who is very much like me; someone who could have been my friend in high school, or in a mother's group, or at church or something. I liked the speech. I liked that when her daughters came out on stage, they were very much like my nine and six year old girls. It was good. It felt comforting to finally, after eight years of all these nonsense we have been enduring, to have someone normal, someone like me, say something that I could listen to and start dreaming of something different; something positive. Michelle Obama; I like her.

No comments: