Thursday, August 14, 2008

Newest Addition: Nintendo Wii


Isn't it strange how sometimes when you go shopping you end up buying something you had no intention to buy? That happened yesterday. My husband and I decided, after playing with my nephew's Wii this summer, that a Wii would be something our family would get a lot of use out of. We told the girls that this year for Christmas, if we could get our hands on one, the big Christmas gift for all of us would be a Nintendo Wii game system. Great! I just sort of casually look for things just to determine how difficult it will be to get that item when we want it. Yesterday, on our trek to Target to get school supplies and medicine, I decided to check in the electronics area to see if they might have a Wii. Sure enough, there were two systems behind that locked cabinet. I put a call into my husband to see if he wanted me to get it since the opportunity was there. As luck would have it, he had a 10% off coupon that we frequently get from Target, so he met us at the store and the rest, as they say, is history. Of course the thing wasn't going to sit in our closet, unopened, for the next four months, so we set it up and we told the girls that it was an early Christmas gift. Hopefully, when December rolls around, they won't forget that they have already gotten the bulk of their gifts. Now, for years to come, we will have Christmas and birthday gift ideas since the accessories and games appear to be endless. Wii wants to play!

No comments: