Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lucky Me!




I like it when I find clothes that I really like. I don't have a model's body, and neither do my daughters, so clothes shopping can sometimes be quite traumatic. The other day, I noticed that the local outlet shopping center opened a Lucky Jeans store. I have seen Lucky brand items in Macy's, and other higher end stores, but the prices were beyond what I could feel comfortable paying. When the outlet store opened, I thought I would take a peek at what they had to offer. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The store that opened is actually an outlet and the jeans and shirts offered there are the same items available online, so the stuff in the store is not past season--another nice surprise. My daughter and I decided to try on some of the jeans in the store just to find out how they fit. We were both pleased with the fit, andimpressed by the wide assortment of lengths and sizes. Not everyone is a size 0, and lately I have had a hard time convincing my daughter of that fact whenever we have gone shopping. Although I told my daughter we were just going to try on, not buy, we both fell in love with the comfort and style of the jeans. To be sure, the prices at the outlet were not cheap by any means, however, everything was at least 40% less than in a department store. The other thing that makes me feel better about spending a little more money than normal is that the Lucky Brand clothes are made in the United States. The quality of the Lucky Brand clothing is outstanding, and there is also a little fortune tucked in the pocket of each pair of jeans. Everything about the clothes is fun and colorful and they made me and my daughter feel like we looked good; not to mention the fact that every time we unzip our pants, we are reminded of how lucky we are. The fly of all the jeans has a tag sewn in that serves as a reminder: "Lucky You."

1 comment:

Chandira said...

I LOVE Lucky Brand stuff! Totally worth a few more dollars to have a good fit, nice styles and nicer fabrics. They've become my favourite store lately.