Friday, October 3, 2008

Recovering From Company

My parents were here this week; just left for home this morning. I was both sad and happy to see them go. Don't get me wrong; I like having company--for the most part anyway, but it is exhausting! With just our usual schedule, we seem to be running around like crazy people. Add just too senior citizens into the mix, and things seem to run amok. It felt like we were always taking the kids somewhere, waiting for someone to come home, going to grocery store, or doing dishes. Meal planning and preparations are such a bear when my parents are here. They are both diabetic, so I don't like to have them stray too far off their usual routine. Their eating schedule rarely fit into our running around kind of lifestyle. We also didn't want them to feel like they were just sitting around, so we took them to Washington, D.C. one day, and to a museum another day. We went to an arts and crafts festival, and also squeezed in a couple of shopping trips. I am exhausted! Now I have to laundry and the other household things that I let go so I could entertain my guests. We will be having more company in addition to my parents returning to spend Christmas here. I hope I will be fully rested up by then!

No comments: