Thursday, September 25, 2008

Being Seven

My "baby" turned seven yesterday. I barely remember her being a baby, and now she is a tall, skinny first grade student who can read and write. Who has an imagination, a sense of humor, curiosity and a zest for life. That's not to say she doesn't just about drive me crazy with all the weird, kid stuff she does. She is notorious for taking television remote controls apart, using way too much toilet paper, changing her clothes too many times, and generally being a mess-maker. Being seven seems to be the ideal kid age. You are still young enough to be carefree. You don't get much homework from school, you still like to play with toys, and can dance and run and be silly without feeling self-conscious. Being seven is great. The television news doesn't make you worry, and having a quarter in your pocket makes you feel like you are rich. Seven! What a great age. I think we are going to enjoy this year of my "baby's" life!

No comments: