Friday, September 12, 2008

What Did I Get Myself Into?

Tomorrow looms in front of me. I did something that I'm not sure I should have. I signed my fifteen year old daughter and I up for a kickboxing class. Yes, you read that correctly; kickboxing! We have been unsuccessful in getting my daughter involved in any extra-curricular activities in this podunk town, so I took it upon myself to find something we presumably both could do. Now I'm not so confident about what I have done. I don't even know what kickboxing really is. The class description only said that it is a "great workout" and that it was for ages 12 and up. I'll bet I am the only forty-something person in the class. I really do need to start doing more physical activities---more than just running up and down stairs doing laundry and occasionally using the AbLounger! My daughter has been talking to a girl in one of her classes at school who said that she has taken the class, and takes it whenever it is offered, and that it is mostly "ladies" who are in the class. I checked online to see how many people had signed up for the class, and there are seven people! I won't be able to get lost in the crowd in this one, that's for sure! Kickboxing! Good grief, I don't even know what I'm supposed to wear!

No comments: