Saturday, September 13, 2008

Road Names

In an effort to be a little less negative about this podunk town I live in , I have been trying to find at least one positive thing to say about it every few months or so. Something I have observed is that the street and road names around here are really cool. Where we came from, it's Oak this, or Oak that. Not here. There are really great names here. Here is a sample from the list of great street names I have been compiling (in no particular order):
Frogtown Road
Whiskey Hill
Turkey Roost
Pot House Road
Cattail Run
Snake Hill
Foggy Bottom
Chain Bridge Road
Gallows Road
Sam Fred Road
Tranquility Lane
Piggott Bottom Road
Yellow Schoolhouse Road
Shoemaker School Road
Elizabeth's Field
Pennycress
Polecat Road
Fox Run
Do you see what I mean? These are great. The old boring tree named streets have gotta go!

No comments: