Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School Starts Today!

Well, today is the first day of the begining of a new "era" for me. For the past fifteen years I have been a stay-at-home mom. This year is (finally) is the first year in eleven years that I will be at home, during the day, all by myself. That's right, my youngest daughter started first grade today and will be gone from 7:00am to 3:00pm. I don't know what to do first! Do I take a shower and go out shopping? Do I fire up the new Wii and practice all the games that my kids and husband keep beating me at? Do I mow the lawn? Do housework? Get my hair done? Run errands? There are so many possiblities. I feel like a kid in a candy store. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my kids, and a part of me feels a little sad that my "baby" will be away from me all day long, but this is such a liberating feeling. I wonder how long it will last? Will I get bored? Afterall, you can only do so much house and yardwork! Well, I guess time will tell! Today, I will just enjoy my freedom and watch the clock until 3:00 rolls around.

No comments: