Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Waiting and Waiting

Have you ever had this happen to you? Have you ever made arrangements for some sort of repairman or workman of some sort to come and do their thing, but they don't show up right when they say they will? That is happening to me, right this very minute. I made arrangements for this guy to come and re-grade and gravel my driveway. Originally, he was going to come on Saturday at 8:00am. I moved my car out of the way, and was ready for the work to be done. Eight o'clock comes and goes, and no one shows up. Finally at around 9:00, the guy calls and says that he forgot that it was a holiday weekend and the gravel pit was closed. Could he come on Wednesday morning to do the work? Okay, fine. I, of course, have nothing but time to sit around and wait. So, here I sit. It is now 9:00, and no driveway-man is anywhere to be found. I need to take a shower and get dressed and get on with my day. My car is sitting out on the grass, out of the way, waiting to get rolling, but alas, I am stuck. I know that if I decide to go ahead and get my shower, the minute my naked body gets into the shower, that guy will show up. It never fails. Do I assume he is not coming? Do I try to call him? Where the heck did I put his business card anyway? Do I risk the shower? Do I skip the shower and just do the yardwork that needs to be done? I don't need to take a shower before I do that kind of work. Well, with my indecision comes a blogging opportunity, but I just hate waiting and waiting and waiting. . .

No comments: