Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back to "Real" Time

Today is the first day of what my daughter refers to as "real time," that is we go back to Standard Time after observing Daylight Saving Time. Of course I'm from the old hold-out state of Indiana, where they only started observing Daylight Savings Time two years ago. Now, only Hawaii and Arizona don't observe it. I liked it when Indiana didn't switch times. It really doesn't make that big of a difference--even for businesses. It actually makes more sense for Indiana to go on Central Time, but who am I anyway? It doens't matter now either since we are no longer living in Indiana. So today, people will be all messed up when it comes to church services, and it will be pitch black when my older kids get home from school, from now until about March. I don't know about how much DST really benefits us. It just seems like a lot of messing around to me. Does anyone really know what time it is?

No comments: