Thursday, March 12, 2009

HBO Big Love Making Big Mistake?

I don't subscribe to HBO, so I have never seen the HBO series "Big Love" but today reports are out about how the show is going to be airing an episode that shows a secret and sacred "endowment ceremony" that is used in the religion. I think it is a mistake for television show producers to be disrespectful of such things. Even if the ceremony is treated with respect and dignity, it is secret, not to mention sacred. Why show it? No wonder people who subscribe to the Mormon sect are upset. I am not a Mormon, but in college, I was a member of a sorority which was full of secrets. We all pledged to never reveal those secret symbols or rituals. If someone were to decide to show the initiation ceremony on television or in a movie, I would be outraged and offended. Why is it that so many folks in the entertainment business have so little respect for everyone else? What gives them the right to show this or any other secret ceremony? I just don't get it. It is very disappointing that there is so little respect for things these days. Shame on HBO for allowing this to be shown, it's just not the right thing to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.