Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How Did Nadya Suleman Pay Her Doctor?

I really didn't want to write anything about the mother of the recently born octuplets, but there is at least one question that hasn't been answered that I have been wondering about. How did the fertility doctor get paid to do the IVF procedure in the first place? Obviously, the taxpayers and/or the hospital that delivered the babies will have to eat the cost of the birth and care of the babies now, but really, how did that fertility doctor get paid? I had Dr. Phil on yesterday afternoon, and was just sort of listening to the show, not paying close attention to it, and all of a sudden it occurred to me that Nadya Suleman has really been cheated in her medical care. That doctor should never have implanted those embryos in her. He should have referred her to a therapist before that so that she could be emotionally (not to mention financially) sound before doing it again. I just don't get why that doctor is not being held accountable for leading this woman down a terrible path. I'm confused, is there something being done other that checking him out and possibly suspending his license? I hope that the accord that has been reached with Ms. Suleman and Angels in Waiting will work out great and everything will be rosy with the family, but there is so much working against them, I am afraid this will not be the last we hear of them.

No comments: