Friday, April 3, 2009

More Housewife Stuff-Hoover Cordless Vacuum

Since we have just moved into a new house, I have been trying to fit all our stuff from the previous two houses into this one. This new house is just different enough from the last two that fitting things in and trying to arrange furniture and putting things away is becoming quite a challenge. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining in the least. The new house has plenty of room for stuff, it's just that the stuff I have doesn't fit the layout of the house. Anyway, for years I have had a big, clunky, Kirby vacuum. It has served me well, but it is difficult to drag up and down stairs and is just plain heavy. Our last house had a central vac system, so old Kirby-G4 didn't come out of the closet much. The new house doesn't have a central vac, so I am back to Mr. Hefty Kirby. I decided I wanted something easier to run up and down the steps with, and could also be nice to my hardwood floors. I had my eye on a Dyson, but they are so expensive that I didn't dare get one. I found a little bagless, cordless deal that is supposed to be grand. It is a Hoover LiNX stick vacuum. It is in the (woo hoo Platinum collection). Pretty fancy, huh? This little fella runs on a lithium ion battery and is very lightweight. It does a fair job on the hardwood, tile and carpeted areas of my home. I'm not sure how long this little guy is going to last, though, because I have a lot of area to cover. For the $179.00 price tag, I hope it lasts a good long while. Hefty Kirby is still my man for the tough jobs, so he will probably stay with me for awhile longer. That's my housewife junk for today. Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Zay said...

I hope you end up giving this stick vac a review. I'm considering buying one myself. The only thing stopping me is the price and wondering if this vac is worth such a high price tag.