Friday, July 3, 2009

Looking for the Impossible

I guess my kids are starting to take after their old mom. I have always been one who wants to have unique things. For example, instead of just having a kitchen painted blue, I had to have my kitchen painted a "robin's egg" blue. Instead of having just a plain, simple anything, I have to make things difficult for myself. I guess I must enjoy the quest more than actually having the thing I want, because some things are just impossible to find. One of my daughters needs a new bicycle because she has outgrown her first one and has passed that one down to her younger sister. She has been on a quest for that one special bike. At first she thought she wanted an orange beach cruiser. Okay, that's fine. She saw one at a bike store when she was out running errands with her dad. The only problem is that the bike was something like $400.00. WAY too much, in my opinion, for a bike for a thirteen year old. I found an orange beach cruiser for a much more reasonable price (under $200.00) on www.bikebuyers.com but apparently, she wasn't all that thrilled. I had her search through other bicycle shops online, and we found a really neat one. So cool! One that I really like and she did too, but it was way off the color scheme she wanted. It is a blue paisley bike with green spokes and yellow tire rims and a paisley seat. So, so unique--just what I like! It was on www.beachbikes.com I believe. Well, just like what always happens, that particular bike is out of stock. We searched for it on other sites, but there just aren't any out there. It figures! Now we are on a quest for that paisley bike. Boy, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

No comments: