Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sleep Study

Along the same lines as my post earlier this week: I heard a radio commercial for a local hospital that does sleep studies. I wonder if my husband would be willing to do that? Strangely enough, the last two nights he hasn't snored. Well, maybe he has, but I have been so tired, and in such a deep sleep that I haven't heard it.
Apparently, sleep disorders can cause all kinds of health problems. My husband would never agree to doing it though because he doesn't see it as a problem. The other night I was so frustrated that I stared at him in the dark (I felt like the girl in the movie "Paranormal Activity") for a few minutes trying to figure out what to do. Finally, I decided that I would simply pull the bed comforter over his head. I figured he would change his position. Sure enough, he did. I the morning he said, "Do you know that you must have turned over and caused the comforter to go over my head last night?" I pretended that I didn't have any idea what he was talking about. It was good for a laugh, anyway. What a terrible thing for me to do! Desperate wives turn to desperate means.

1 comment:

KAYUMOCHI said...

Every year there is a flurry of media reports on sleep deprivation in America. If one looks a little deeper she will find that these reports can be traced back to a non-profit whose purpose is to educate the public about sleep disorders. And who funds this organization? Well, the drug companies who manufacture sleep aids of course.