Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Problem With This Election

I have to admit that I am really having a good time observing how all this primary election stuff is playing out, but I do have a problem with it. It is confusing, and I am conflicted with myself about all of it as well. I started out liking Barack Obama, then I changed to Hillary Clinton because she seems more familiar, and she is a strong leader. Barack Obama seems like he is fresh and not stained by a long political career, but that is also what bothers me about him. He also seems very serious. Hillary Clinton, although I think she has been known to be a rather cold person, appears to be able to laugh at herself and really seems like a human; Obama seems like a robot to me. I am just so torn. I want change! Good heavens, how I want change. I am so looking forward to our country getting out from under President Bush's thumb that all I can think about is change. But, what kind of change do I want? A really radical, untested, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants change? The kind that I think Obama represents. Or, do I want a safer, calmer, softer sort of change that I think would come from Clinton? I wonder if the rest of the country feels as conflicted as I do? I suspect they do in the way the voting has been going. No one is ready to let go of either of the Democratic candidates. It sure would be easier if there was a clear choice!

No comments: