Friday, December 19, 2008

I Have Room For Obama Family

I kind of feel the Obama's family's anxiety about trying to move to Washington, D.C. before January 20. I know the feeling of trying to speed things up so your kids can start school at a certain time. It only makes sense for the girls to start at their new school on January 5, when all the other students return from their Winter Break. We are trying to do the same thing with our move back to Indiana, so I sort of get what the hubbub is about. It is too bad that the house we are currently living in isn't a little bit closer to Washington, D.C. because the Obamas (at least the girls and their mom) could stay at our house until the White House is cleared out. I checked on MapQuest and our house is approximately 5o miles from Sidwell Friends School in Washington. That means over an hour drive to school from here; however, people make that commute everyday to go to work. My husband did it for over a year. Perhaps the Obama girls could do it for a few weeks in January. I also have a couple of girls here who are close in age to the Obama girls. Wouldn't that be fun? It could be a month-long sleepover--sort of. The area we live in is crawling with security and secret service workers and the like, just because a lot of government employees choose to live here, away from the D.C. craziness. I had considered renting out our extra rooms to people who want to go to the inauguration, but I didn't want to have just anyone staying here. Our house is currently up for sale and my husband has moved to Indiana in order to start his new job, and we have extra room in this big house. I just want to send out this open invitation to President-Elect Obama and Mrs. Obama that if things get desperate, I have room for them just outside of Washington!

No comments: