Friday, December 5, 2008

Sweet Sixteen

My oldest "baby" was born sixteen years ago today. The old saying that I used to get so tired of hearing when my girls were all tiny was, "they grow up so quickly!" I would internally roll my eyes every time some well meaning senior citizen would say that to me. Now, I realize that there is some truth to that phrase. It doesn't seem possible that sixteen years have come and gone. My daughter is growing up to be a really neat person. She has a lot going for her. She has a great sense of humor, she is an excellent student, she is very creative and she is a loyal friend. I like the young lady she is becoming and even though it scares me to death to think about her growing up and leaving me, I know that that is exactly where she is headed and exactly the way things should be. Happy Sweet Sixteen!

No comments: