Monday, December 15, 2008

Paula Deen Reading Glasses

Last week Paula Deen was a guest on "The Bonnie Hunt Show" and she brought Bonnie a whole bunch of different reading glasses which Bonnie (and Don Lake) wore during the show and they were quite attractive in a retro-Paula Deen-out-there kind of way. Since I have crossed the threshold of forty, my eyes just don't see what they used to see, so I have graduated to wearing reading glasses when I have my contacts in or using my bifocals when I don't. Being the kind of funky gal that I am, I refuse to wear those ugly drugstore reading glasses that cost $22.99. If I have to admit that I need help seeing to read, then I might as well use a pair of glasses that are funky and funny so I can laugh about it, and feel better about my old self. I looked on Paula Deen's website to see if the glasses could be purchased there, and sure enough, she has a few available. I didn't the ones that Bonnie wore that are the shape I need for my face, but here were some pretty cute ones there. All of the frames are studded with Swarovski crystals, and all of them were bewtween $21.00 and $31.oo, so forget those ugly old man reading glasses at Rite-Aid! I'm going to order some from Paula Deen.

No comments: