Thursday, May 21, 2009

Burt's Bees Chemical-Free Sunscreen--Two Thumbs Down!

Here is a quick review of a new product from the Burt's Bees line of skincare products. I purchased a 3 oz. tube of Burt's Bees Natural Sun Care sunscreen that is supposed to be chemical free. I usually try to smell products that I am going to put on my body because I am very sensitive to certain odors. This product happens to be safety sealed so I could not sample the fragrance, which was a big mistake. I thought, "It's Burt's Bees, how bad can it smell?" Well, let me tell you, it smells pretty bad. There is nothing pleasant or appealing about the fragrance. It may be chemical free, and infused with hemp seed oil, witch hazel, and other stuff, but the combination is simply odious! Even my daughter couldn't stand the smell and washed it off immediately. The other problem with it is the texture of the stuff. It has a very unpleasant feel to it once it is on your skin. It felt like my skin was as dry as sandpaper. It was awful. This characteristic was also noticed by my sixteen year old who put the stuff on before even talking to me, so I did not influence her opinion in the least. She reported her dislike of the product when she caught up with me at the neighborhood pool. To add insult to injury, the cost of the product is criminal. I hate to admit it, but I paid $13.00 for this awful stuff. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Chemical-free or not, it's just not worth it!

No comments: