Thursday, May 28, 2009

Facebook and Middle-Aged Women

Even though I hate to admit it, I guess I am considered "middle-aged." I hate that. At the urging of my sixteen year old daughter, I have joined Facebook. I was reluctant at first because I had no idea what purpose it could serve. My husband told me that the fastest growing group of people joining Facebook is the middle-aged female, and that younger users are all mad about it because it is their "thing." I ignored what he said. After all, it was my sixteen year old who wanted me to try it. She didn't seem to mind at all, and some of her friends are also on my "friends" list. It is actually a good way for me to check to make sure nothing "untoward" is being exchanged. As a matter of fact, I have now made contact with a couple of high school friends of mine whom I had lost contact with years ago. It is interesting and fun to find out where everyone is and what they are doing with their lives. So who cares if those young whipper-snappers are getting their noses all out of joint. Facebook is cool (do they use that word anymore?) and fun and I like it, so there!

No comments: