Monday, June 1, 2009

Campbell's Soup Commercial-Thanks Readers!

A little over seven months ago, I wrote a post about a Campbell's Soup commercial. It involved a lot of slurping, silly behavior, and "Num Yummy." Anyway, that particular post has been very interesting to follow. It happens to be the most commented on of all my posts. Some of the people who commented think the commercial is funny and told me not to take it so seriously. Some people took the opportunity to use my post to vent and call me terrible things--talk about taking things too seriously! As in all things there are opinions that agreed with what I wrote and lots that didn't. The original post was written on October 15, 2008. I suppose I was bored and had had the television on way too long. I wrote the blog as a lark, not really thinking it would amount to much. After all, who really reads the rantings of a housewife? As it turns out, that post happens to be the most interesting thing I have written.
I really don't care that much about the commercial, but the blog I wrote has really been a springboard for me. Regardless of your opinions about the commercial or me personally (none of you actually know me, so I didn't quite understand the nasty tone of some of the comments) the writing of that post has proven to me that people actually do read the rantings of a bored housewife, and that is cool with me! Thanks for reading and commenting, and I will keep blogging away. Num Yummy!

1 comment:

OCMichael said...

My own thoughts on this commercial:

first, this... person's behavior is really gross; could you imagine ANYONE in his office voluntarily sitting anywhere within earshot of him at break or lunch time?

Second, would any parent be pleased if one or more of their children saw such behavior and began to imitate it?

Third, If I were a Campbell's executive, I would be concerned about some consumers seeing this commercial and concluding that regularly eating Campbell's soup could cause BRAIN DAMAGE.