Friday, August 28, 2009

Farkle on Facebook

It is quite interesting to me how completely addicted one can get to playing silly little online games. I have written about this a few times regarding my "addiction" to the Mah Jong Medley game I have been trying to win for, oh I don't know now, 3--maybe 4 years! I am still trying to get past that one blasted puzzle. Now that I have discovered Facebook, a whole new group of games has become available to me. Right now the only one I have been playing is "Farkle." This particular dice game is one I have played many times with my kids using real dice. The Facebook game is played much the same way as the real game, but it is highly addictive, unlike the real game where usually someone drops out because it can take a long time to get a winner. I have noticed that many of my Facebook friends play Farmville, Yoville, Scramble, just to name a few. I wonder if anyone has done any study on how much time people waste on playing these games. I always tell myself, "Well, just one more time." I just can't seem to stop at that "one more time!" Oh well, what the Farkle, I have nothing else to do really.

No comments: