Thursday, April 17, 2008

AAA Motor Club

I just did something that I rarely do--I just purchased a membership in the AAA Motor Club. It doesn't sound like such a big deal, but since we have moved away from Indiana, and everyone and everything that is familiar to me, I have felt like I just don't have a safety net to catch me if something would happen. When we lived in Indiana, we lived close to my sister, my husband worked only about 1o minutes away from our home, and we had easy access to mechanics, tow trucks, hospitals, gas stations, and all those things that we don't really seem to think about very often, but when we need them, we really need them! Anyway, now that we have moved to "Green Acre Ville" as I like to refer to it, I have no way of getting help should something happen while I am driving around this awful area. I decided to stop fretting about it, and just went ahead and purchased the Plus Membership from AAA from their online site--without consulting my husband first! WooHoo! How daring of me. Anyway, I feel better and hopefully it will help me make my decision about whether to drive my 2000 Chevy Suburban with 150,000 miles on it, or to drive my husband's 2007 Huyndai Santa Fe back to Indiana this summer. Having the security of the AAA Motor Club makes me feel a lot more confident. Also, if I decide that the 600+ mile trip home is too much for me and the four monkies that will be accompanying me, then I can always use my AAA membership to purchase discounted Amtrak train tickets back to Indiana. It's all good--I've got it covered!

No comments: