Friday, April 25, 2008

Nightmare Garden Part II

The nightmare of the "Children's Garden" that was my brillant idea continues. Yesterday I thought I had solved the tilling problem by finding a raised be garden kit that was offered (I thought) at Costco. My husband said he would check it out at the store before I ordered it online. Of course that's what we did, and when he got home from work, he told me he didn't see anything like that at the store. So fine, I said I would just order it online. I filled out all the necessary stuff on the online order form hit "send", and guess what? The darn raised garden kit is no longer availabl----SH--T! I have plants that need to get into the ground! This morning, with fresh eyes and new hope, I decided to just make do with something I had seen on the Gardener's Supply Co. website. I showed it to my daughter and she thought that would work and we could put the little teepee thing we were going to do, on the outside of the raised bed. Great, we have a plan! I go to www.gardeners.com to order the two-tier raised bed garden kit. I do all the filling in of blanks and send-----and-----and---NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! I just want to pull my freakin' hair out! All I wanted to do was make a couple of gardens, one big one for me, one children's garden to keep my younger kids entertained this summer, that all I wanted. I swear any time I try to do something good, someone or something has to pee all over it! Not being one to give up easily, I again started the search and found a raised garden bed kit from www.willygoat.com. They had something similar--more expensive of course--but nevertheless, something that will suffice. I ordered it and hopefully this nightmare will end with a nice garden. Stay tuned for any updates on this mess.

No comments: