Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just Not That Into It

I don't know what has gotten into me lately. I just don't want to do the things I usually enjoy doing. My heart just isn't in it. I think the stress of the last year or so is starting to take its toll on me. I used to love to shop, now it's just a chore. I used to not mind so much cleaning the house, now I just can't bring myself to do it. I never really minded doing laundry, but, you guessed it, I just really don't care if I get it done or if it gets folded or not. I just don't care! In looking at what has happened in my life over the last year, it feels like I have been on a spinning ride and all I really wanted was for it to stop. For the last eight months I have been living in a house that doesn't feel like home, a town that has nothing and does nothing for me, and have just sort of been wandering around aimlessly trying to figure out what I should be doing and how I can change the way I feel. Everyone says, "Oh, you just need to get out there and meet people!" Well, I have. I have found a church that the girls and I have been attending regularly; I have been volunteering regularly at the elementary school where my youngest children go. I have volunteered at the middle school, I go to the same grocery store regularly, I am trying to replace all the things I used to do and enjoy with things here, but it just isn't the same. I don't like it, and I want to. I really don't want to feel unhappy. I want to say that I like it here. I want to say this is the best move we ever made, but all of that would be a lie. I just am unhappy, plain and simple. I'm not into the traffic jams just to go to Target. I'm just not into being inconvenienced at every turn, I'm just not that into not having one single adult friend other than my husband. It feels awful!

No comments: