Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We're Taking the 'Journey'

Okay, so I have been whining and complaining and worrying about the high cost of fuel for our Chevy Suburban. I have been worrying that the eight year old, 150,000+ car might not last until we can "afford" a new more fuel efficient car. Well, yesterday, we decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and trade in our old faithful Suburban named Silvi (why, I don't know--one of the girls started calling it that), and are leasing the new 2009 Dodge Journey for three years. Our thinking is simple: we will lease this more fuel efficient crossover that we can squeeze all six of us in for three years, then hopefully at the end of the lease, some car company will have figured out a vehicle that runs on hydrogen, or corn oil, or used baby diapers, or something, and we can trade our outdated Journey in for something that is the wave of the future. I'm feeling pretty good about our decision. I think in the long run, we will save money. We decided to go all out, and opted for the $2.99 gasoline price guarantee (www.letsrefuelamerica.com) instead of the meager $1000.00 rebate, since we are expecting the gas pricing to continue rising from now until who knows when. I think we will save more than $1000 using that option. The dealership told us that we were only one of two customers so far who have chosen the gas option because a large portion of their products have huge refunds--but not the Journey--so I'm satisfied with our decision. At any rate, I am sure I will be blogging about the car in the future, so just stay tuned!

No comments: