Monday, June 9, 2008

Whew! It's Hot!

We are having an early heatwave here. Today it is supposed to be 99 degrees with a heat index of 105. I think the whole heat index thing is as useless as the wind chill factor; to me, hot is hot, and cold is cold, there's no reason to make it seem worse than it needs to be. Anyway, I'm not going to mow today like I had planned. I am surprised that no weatherman (ie Sam Champion0 has said that this heatwave is due to global warming. It seems everything abnormal that happens in the world, that guy blames on global warming. I remember a few years ago when all the bad stuff that happened weather-wise was blamed on "el nino." Do you remember that? I got so tired of hearing about it. Now the new thing to blame is men's foolishness and global warming. Hot is hot, weather is weather; it is what it is, and we need to get through it the best we can.

No comments: