Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bonnie Hunt on The View

I have the habit of watching "The View" at 11:00 and then "The Bonnie Hunt Show" at 12:00 everyday. Sometimes the opinions and the arguing and the silliness that goes on on "The View" bothers me, but it is always entertaining. I love Bonnie Hunt and have been enjoying her new talk show almost everyday since it began airing on September 8, 2008. She makes me laugh and seems like a genuinely gracious and giving person. Since she is from the Midwest like I am, I feel like she is an old friend. I hope her appearance on "The View" today will be funny and interesting. I have been reading the message boards about "The Bonnie Hunt Show" and have decided that there are some people out there who just love to see other people fail, and who love to criticize. They are quite mean spirited in some of the posts about Bonnie and her show. At any rate, I like her and think she is one television and movie personality who deserves success and is using here celebrity to make the world a little better.

3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

I love the Bonnie Hunt show! I was surprised to see Barbara acting so weird and rude to her on the View today.
What was that about?

Hippopop said...

Yes, I thought that was a little strange too. Barbara, like a lot of others, are not quick witted enough to catch all the humor that Bonnie puts out there. I thought Bonnie handled the black pantsuit comment from Barbara very gracefully.

Hippopop said...

You know, now that I think about it, wasn't it Barbara who said if Bonnie "had a life" she would make a better talk show host; and that Bonnie said she didn't like being a talk show host--which wasn't at all what she had said on the David Letterman show? So called journalists and reporters like Barbara Walters always seem to misquote and misinterpret the things their subjects say. Anyway, Bonnnie handled it with her usual humor and good nature.