Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy President's Day!

Don't you think President's Day is a little bit odd? When I was a kid it was only known as George Washington's Birthday. We got the day off from school, and sometimes the day would off would also be my birthday. I felt like George and I had a common bond; his birthday being on February 22nd and mine being on February 20th. I also felt a common bold with Abraham Lincoln, but he didn't have a special celebration for his birthday on February 12th. Anyway, President's Day is interestingly odd because now they have lumped all presidents in together on this one day. I wonder what old George would think about that! At any rate, I decided to bake a cherry pie in honor of our nation's first president. Enjoy your day. No mail today!

Update on "Mouse in the House" post:

My stealthy little Jack Russell hunted down that little critter, and with a little help from me (in my rubber garden boots and pjs) and a yardstick, she quickly and (hopefully) painlessly sent the mouse to the great beyond; perhaps lunch for one of the many hawks around here since I quickly tossed that fellow off the end of the porch and into the yard. Phew!

No comments: