Friday, February 27, 2009

Real Estate Journey

Selling a house can be a real bitch (pardon my French). We have been riding a roller coaster for the last two weeks and I am ready to get off the ride! Two weeks ago, someone made an offer on our house--a really low offer, so of course we countered, then they countered, so we agreed. Then last week when we seemed to be moving along swimmingly, we get word that the people may not buy our house because of personal issues. They wanted us to wait a week. Okay, so we agree to that, and because of that, a couple of potential buyers passed us by because there was a contract for our house. Okay, so now we are up to today. The deal is still on, the house has been inspected, but now they want us to shell out $4000.00 for what seem to be minor repairs. Handyman stuff, in my opinion. My husband is livid. He would rather get out of this deal, than have to put any more money into this house we are selling. I really don't want to scratch this deal, but I kind of see my husband's point of view. Why so much money, just to get them buy the house--which we are selling at a huge loss, by the way. I don't know. I want to be finished with all of it, but I want to have some money left when we get to our new house so that we will be able to get the things we need. It's a buyers market all right. We are feeling abused!

No comments: