Friday, March 5, 2010

Great Idea, Terrible Noise!

I just opened a fresh bag of Sun Chips this afternoon for my lunch. I think I am deaf now. The new packaging even warns the consumer that the bag is LOUD, but I bought them anyway. The bag is the first compost-able bag in the world (so they claim) and that is why it is so loud. I think the idea is great. Anything we can do to create less trash, I'm all for. I give the Frito-Lay company an A+ for their great idea. I give Frito-Lay D- with regard to the noise pollution the bag creates. I don't think I will let my kids eat from the bag, we will all be hard of hearing if I do. I thought I might just dump the chips into some other container and go bury the compost bag in my flower bed. Go see for yourself what I am talking about, and then let me know what you think! Happy crunching!!!

1 comment:

SunChips said...

Our new 100% compostable bags are made from PLA, which is a plant-based material that allows it to compost. The change in material is what has created the change in noise you have noticed. It's important to keep in mind that this is a first-generation bag and the SunChips R&D team will be evaluating the feedback we get from consumers to improve and refine the packaging further. If you’d like to learn more about the bag and how to compost it, please visit www.sunchips.com.