Friday, November 9, 2007

The Chinese Are Trying to Kill Us; Boycott!

Okay, I've just about had it with the products from China that are toxic. I truly believe they are trying to kill us one toy at a time. Yesterday, I read in the newspaper about the Aqua Dots toys that are poison. My youngest daughter just got some for her birthday and was so excited because she was going to ask for more of the toy for Christmas. Last night I had to throw all of the stuff away. We have also had to deal with the Mattel toys that were said to have lead paint. Let's see, we had the Barbie, the Polly Pocket and lots of Hot Wheels cars. My kids are getting very discouraged and disheartened about the goodness of the world and the people we all rely on. While I entitled this post the Chinese are trying to kill us, a lot of the blame lies with the companies such as Mattel who make their products as cheaply as possible so they can make a higher profit. Shame on them for not checking on the production of their toys and testing and requiring that certain standards be met. I have had it with these companies. I am mad now, and you all know what happens when a housewife gets mad! I told my kids last night that that was the last straw. I will be carefully reading labels on all the items they want and if some toy or gadget is made in China, forget it. I am purging my house of all things Chinese. I have lost any trust I had in the toy manufacturers. I challenge all of you who will be buying toys or gadgets this year for Christmas or other gift giving to read the label and if it says "made in China" throw it back on the shelf. The big companies won't do much to make changes on their own, but if we consumers quit buying things from China, they might get the message. We want our kids to be playing with things that aren't going to kill them. Please join me in my boycott of all things made in China!

No comments: