Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Need A Little Christmas, Right This Very Minute. . .

My husband woke me up at 3:00 this morning. He couldn't sleep. We have had a lot of restless nights lately. He told me he worries every minute about money. He also said that he was sorry he moved us here. I am prone to worrying myself, and have not been happy about the way things are working out for us here, but to hear him say he regrets the move made me feel a little panicky. We have not had anything work out smoothly. For my husband, the grass certainly looked greener here than where we were, and we all know that sometimes you just have to test out the "grass" on the other side, but this is not what we had hoped for. All of 2007 has been one trouble or worry after another, so I don't know why this mess is surprising us so. We have pretty much decided that I should get a job, and he might need to get a second job as well. Just when we will squeeze these jobs in is unclear. I have not worked for pay for fifteen years, so I'm not sure I will have much to offer in the way of marketability. We also have our four kids to think about too. They are too young to do much housework and I really don't feel comfortable leaving my fifteen-year-old in charge of her three siblings. With all the worry and stress, I am reminded of that Christmas song from the Broadway musical "Mame" that goes: "We need a little Christmas, right this very minute. . ." Maybe that is what my family and I need: to worry less and think about what this Christmas is season is all about.

No comments: