Friday, May 9, 2008

Nightmare Garden Part III

Oh brother, has this seemingly simple little gardening project that my six-year-old and I were going to enjoy together turned ugly! I thought things were going along okay and was looking forward to finally getting my supplies of recycled plastic timbers and connecters for our raised garden. The pieces came on Monday and as I pulled the timbers out, I was shocked to find out that my $200.00 worth of supplies were crushed! The timbers were simply unusable. Could things get any more frustrating? Well, yes, of course they could. I called the Willy Goat, the online company I had ordered them from, and they said they would contact the supplier, which is Scenery Solutions, and they would have replacements sent out right away. Great! Those WillyGoat.com people are so nice! Hold on there little gal, not so easy! The WillyGoat.com people called and said I had to send pictures of the damaged items to the supplier. Okee-dokee. My oldest daughter and I go take picures and e-mail them to the Scenery Solutions people, and they got them and agreed to replace the damaged items. This morning, I got an e-mail that said that since I ordered the item through http://www.willygoat.com/, I would have to place the replacement order through them. My goodness! All I wanted to do was have a nice little gardening experience with my daughter. This has been nothing but a royal pain and has taken a bunch of the joy of gardening out of me. In the meantime, my strawberry plants and other items that were going into the garden are sitting root-bound on my porch, in my garage, and on my kitchen counter, just begging to be set free. What a nightmare.
P.S. I have to say the people at www.willygoat.com have been extremely nice and now even know how to spell my difficult-to-spell last name without any prompts. If you want to check out their stuff, please visit their website and give them your business.

No comments: