Monday, May 5, 2008

Years Fly By!

My third daughter reached her ninth birthday on Friday. It doesn't seem like that many years have passed; she is growing up fast. My husband and I used to get a little tired of older folks telling us that "children grow up so fast!" My husband would always roll his eyes at me whenever he heard that, but truly, the years seem to have flown by. The older I get, the faster time goes. I remember as a kid, thinking that time would just creep along. Years seemed to take forever to pass. Now it's not like that at all. We have already been living in this new place for nine months. We are obligated to stay here for a total of 24 months. When I think that we need to stay here for another 15 months, I think that a probably will be able to that--it doesn't feel like it is that long of a time. Of course for the girls, that kind of time seems like an eternity. Anyway, the last nine years with my third daughter have been pretty good ones. She is happy, funny and smart. She is easy-going and always gives me a reason to smile! Happy Birthday!

No comments: