Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Democratic Primary is Cool!

Around my house we have a strange combination. My husband leans toward Republican ideals--conservative, pro-war, Bush supporter. I, on the other hand lean toward Democratic beliefs. We have four daughters and the three older ones have started to become interested in the political process and are getting caught up in the excitement that the Democratic primary is stirring up. My three oldest daughters range in age from 15 to 8 and they all have opinions. The youngest one, who is six, just likes to say "Barack Obama." Anyway, my husband, like all Republicans these days, says he's not going to vote on Tuesday when Virginia gets to participate. I am sort of excited to vote, but am still not sure which candidate to vote for. Hillary is smart, and I think is really thinking about ways to improve our country in many ways. Barack is also smart and interesting and would definitely bring about change. I'm torn. I could see both of them as President. The older two girls want me to vote for Hillary, the eight year old wants me to vote for Barack. I think it is so cool that they are interested in all of this. They are excited about being able to witness historical changes. Either way I go, I can't lose. History will be in the making with either candidate. Living so close to Washington also makes the process more interesting for the girls. They think we will be going in town next year to witness the inauguration--not sure about that one, but this is a fun and exciting time! Cool!

No comments: